I love this lesson because it uses multiple microsoft programs and can be turned into a project, group work, or individual work. I plan on teaching elementary school so this would be ideal for fourth grade when students learn about north carolina and state history. I could have some students do this lesson as if they were in the present and some as if they were in the past. This way we could compare what our roadtrips would be like in modern day North Carolina and historic North Carolina. Instead of using microsoft word for all of the lists i would use excel because i believe it will help students be more organized and have their material easier to read. I will do some manipulating of the lesson to make it more fourth grade friendly since it is originally created for middle school, and i will make it more specific to state history, and historic spots across our state.
I really like your idea! I definitely remember learning about NC and its history in the 4th grade. We even took a field trip to Raleigh and toured the state capitol building and learned lots more. I think roadtrips are fun and exciting and almost every kid loves a field trip! By creating an imaginary one on the computer will allow kids to be creative and use their imagination, while also using excel. This is another great way for a teacher to be able to incorporate technology into the classroom!
ReplyDelete